Mindfulness has become a bit of a buzzword over the last few years.
But just what does being mindful mean and how does it work?
In this guide, you’ll learn why being mindful matters and how to practice it.
So What Is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the practice of being consciously aware in the present moment, without judging your experience.
You see, we’re often worried about what could happen tomorrow – or ruminating on problems from the past.
By being ‘mindful’, we can enjoy every moment in the here and now.
By achieving this state of awareness, we can enjoy a sense of peace within.
What Are The Benefits Of Mindfulness?
So let’s look at some of the benefits of mindfulness:
- It can help improve our self-awareness
- It’s a skill that almost anyone can develop
- Mindfulness can create an inner sense of peace and calm
- Being mindful helps us reconnect with others – who we might usually take for granted
- Increased confidence and levels of self-esteem
- Enhanced levels of energy and productivity
- More compassion for the people around us and for ourselves
Note: Looking for the scientific evidence? Then check out these research based studies on mindfulness.
How Can I Practice Mindfulness?
If you’re looking for some easy exercises, check out these five mindfulness trainings.
But before you begin, I’d recommend starting off slow.
Mindfulness requires patience and practice – it’s not something we can master overnight.
So take your time and enjoy the experience.